I won't lie. I spend a nice amount of time preparing my food. But over the years, I've learned how to best minimize the time required to make my meals for school/work, by preparing as much as I can early in the week.
This week I made a nice batch of quinoa, and have been making different meals using the it as the base to each meal.
I was feeling a little lazy on this one, but it ended up being a perfect little meal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes for carrots (quinoa 30 minutes if not prepared ahead of time)
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup fresh kale
1-2 medium carrots
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel 1 medium carrot(s), slice into thin strips and place them in a single layer on 2 baking sheet —the strips can be touching but should not overlap.
- Bake uncovered
- Flip carrots over after 20-25 minutes
- After thirty minutes, add 1 cup of fresh kale that is rubbed in coconut or olive oil to the oven
(NOTE: rubbing the kale in oil is important so the kale doesn't burn! I tend to place the kale underneath the carrots so they don't get crunchy)
- Add all to a bowl/tupperware container, and enjoy!